Non-Thai nationals in Malaysia who wish to travel to Thailand must follow these steps:
1. Check whether you need a visa to enter Thailand
Visa application forms and check-lists of required documents can be download as follows:
If you do not have a re-entry permit or visa to Thailand, please prepare relevant documents for visa application as required and book visa appointment at http://LNY.IO/RTEKL
Annoucement on Temporary Change of Consular Section's Operating Hours
Open on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays effective 25 May 2021 until further notice
If you do, proceed to the next step.
2. Submit the application for Certificate of Entry (COE) online via website https://coethailand.mfa.go.th
3. Once your application has been pre-approved, please reserve your flight tickets and ASQ hotel
Please visit http://www.hsscovid.com/
for more details.
4. Go back to the COE online application at https://coethailand.mfa.go.th
and upload required documents including your ticket reservation, 14-days ASQ booking (14 nights for flights arriving before 6PM and 15 nights for flights arriving 6 PM onwards), medical insurance policy (in English) which expressly covers treatment and medical expenses in relation to COVID-19, with minimum coverage of 100,000 USD. The insurance must cover the total duration of stay in Thailand.
5. Prepare medical certificate with a lab result (test by RT-PCR method) indicating that COVID -19 has not been detected, issued within 72 hours before departure.
6. Download application 'ThailandPlus'
on your mobile phone before entering Thailand.
*New quarantine regulations effective from 1 May 2021*
- a 14-day quarantine for travellers arriving Thailand from 6 May 2021 onwards. If your COE has been approved before 1 May 2021, you are required to download your new COE indicating a 14-day quarantine from the website: coethailand.mfa.go.th before your departure to Thailand
Travellers with COE approved from 1 May 2021 onwards shall in all cases be subject to a 14-day quarantine, regardless of proof of vaccination.
** Required documents to present at the airline’s check-in counter at KLIA1 as well as upon your arrival in Thailand**
1. Certificate of Entry and Declaration Form
2. Medical certificate with a lab result (test by RT-PCR method) indicating that COVID -19 has not been detected, issued within 72 hours before departure
3. Copy of an Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) hotel booking
4. Copy of health insurance policy which covers COVID-19 related medical treatment with a coverage of no less than USD 100,000 or equivalent.