6 Steps for non-Thai nationals in Malaysia who wish to enter Thailand
Step 1: Check whether you fall into one of the following categories of persons permitted to enter Thailand. All eligible persons are required to apply for a Certificate of Entry (COE) before travelling to Thailand. To date, you can enter Thailand only by a repatriation flight organized by the Royal Thai Embassy in Kuala Lumpur, or a cargo flight or a chartered flight or a semi-commercial flight*. There are following categories:
- Diplomats, officials of international organisations and their family members
- Non-Thai nationals who are spouses, parents or children of Thai nationals
- Non-Thai nationals who have a Certificate of Residence
- Non-Thai nationals with valid work permit or letter of confirmation to work from relevant Thai government agency, and their spouse and children
- Non-Thai nationals who are students of educational establishments in Thailand as approved by Thai authorities, and their parents
- Non-Thai nationals in need of medical treatment in Thailand, except for treatment of COVID-19, including their accompanying persons (if any)
- Holders of long-stay visa (Non-Immigrant visa Category O-A) or APEC card or Thailand Privilege card (Thailand Elite)
- Holders of Special Tourist Visa (STV) Or Tourist Visa (TR) Or Non-Immigrant visa for Business purpose
Step 2: Prepare relevant documents for COE application as required.
Step 3: If you do not have a re-entry permit or visa to Thailand, please prepare relevant documents for visa application as required.
Requirements for visa
If you travel on a passport of the country in this list, please click here. For holders of other countries’ passports, please click here.
: Book a reservation to submit the COE and Visa application at http://lny.io/RTEKL_B
and submit all required documents at the Embassy.
If you wish to travel with the Embassy's repatriation flight, at this stage you do not need to produce Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) hotel booking and flight reservation.
If you wish to travel with a cargo flight or a chartered flight or a semi-commercial flight, you must submit complete documents as required in advance for at least 5 working days prior to your date of travel. (go to step 6)
Step 5: You are now on the waiting list for the next available repat flight. The Embassy will contact you by email when a flight is available and give you the contact of the airline for buying flight tickets. Then, you are required to book your ASQ hotel room. Please make sure you now have confirmed air tickets and ASQ hotel room.
: Book an appointment with the Embassy to collect your COE and submit your ASQ hotel booking and flight reservation at this link: https://bit.ly/3iRMOtK
The Embassy will process your COE and visa. If your documents are in good order, you can collect your COE and visa within the next working day.
Special Tourist Visa (STV)
From 1 October 2020 to 30 September 2021, the Royal Thai Government allows tourists from low-risk countries/areas to apply for a Special Tourist Visa (STV), subject to specific requirements.
Please kindly note that as of 1 October 2020, Malaysia is classified by the Ministry of Public Health of Thailand as a low-risk area. The list will be updated every 15 days.